Log In to Our Patient Portal
Office Hours and Telephone Calls
Welcome to the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Northern California! We appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss healthy skin and your skin care needs. We take pride in making your visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please take a minute to review some basic practice policies:
Our regular office telephone hours are 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. We have additional office hours on Saturdays and some evenings by appointment only. The Laser & Skin Surgery Center has no phone service during these extended times.
If you need to speak with the doctor, our receptionist will need to take your name, telephone number, and the nature of your call. This lets the physician have your medical record available when returning your call. After-hour emergencies should be directed to our main number (916) 456-0400. The automated telephone system will instruct you how to reach your doctor. In a true, life-threatening emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
Payments Policies–We require payment in full at the time of service for all treatments and services.
- There is a $200 consultation fee for new cosmetic consultations with all physicians and physician assistant and a $300 consultation fee with Dr. Suzanne Kilmer. At your consultation, the physician will create a customized treatment plan, allowing the physician to quote a fee for treatment; the cosmetic consultation fee is applied toward the cost of a discussed cosmetic treatment for up to a year with that provider. The consultation fee cannot be used toward aesthetic treatments, skin care products, or general dermatology visits.
- There is a $50 consultation fee for laser tattoo and hair removal consultations, which is applied toward the cost of laser tattoo or hair removal treatment.
- Payment is due in full two weeks before the scheduled procedure to reserve your appointment time for many procedures including, but not limited to, Laser Resurfacing, Thermage, MiraDry, Resonic, Fraxel, Cellfina, and Sofwave.
- All Telemedicine appointments with the doctor will receive a phone call to secure payment and reserve the appointment time. The appointment will be canceled if no payment is made at least one day prior.
- A $50 cancellation fee will be charged for all appointments not canceled before two business days of the appointment. The preferred credit card on file will be charged.
- A $50 “no show” fee will be charged for any missed appointments. The preferred credit card on file will be charged.
Payments and Financing
- For convenience, you can make prepayments at our office, over the phone, or online.
- We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, cash, and personal checks. An additional fee will be added to your account for any returned check.
- Financing available through PatientFi and CareCredit for amounts over $200.00.
- Accounts with balances over 90 days old will be transferred to a collection agency. To make an appointment after the account has been referred, the balance must be paid in full, along with a reinstatement fee of 25% of the balance.
- Children under 12 are not allowed in the front reception area without adult supervision.
- Children under 12 are not allowed in the room during laser treatment unless they are scheduled patients.
We are unable to estimate the cost of various procedures until the physician has completed an evaluation of your specific needs.
Cosmetic services are not covered by insurance.
Effective August 1, 2019 we will no longer be contracted with any insurance plans, however we will still be seeing medical patients. Any medical exam and treatment fees will be due in full on the day of service. If you choose, you may submit your receipt to your insurance company for reimbursement consideration.
Many procedures including, but not limited to Laser Resurfacing, Thermage, Ultherapy, miraDry, Coolsculpting, Fraxel, Halo, ThermiTight, and Cellfina require payment in advance. Payment is due in full two weeks prior to the scheduled procedure in order to reserve your appointment time.
A $50 cancellation fee will be charged for all other appointments that are not cancelled prior to two business days of the appointment or 100% of the service fee for MediSpa services.
Due to a limited schedule for Saturday appointments, there will be a $100 non-refundable deposit for all laser nurse appointments upon scheduling. This deposit will apply toward your scheduled Saturday treatment, but will be forfeited if you fail to cancel your appointment two business days prior.
Fees for medical services can only be determined by the physician based on complexity according to standards set by the American Medical Association. At your consultation, the physician will quote a fee for treatment, if applicable. Many of the procedures offered at the Laser Center are considered cosmetic.
For your convenience, you are able to make a payment at our office, over the phone, or online. We accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, cash, and personal checks. An additional fee will be added to your account for any returned check. We also accept CareCredit for amounts over $200.
Accounts with balances over 90 days old will be transferred to a collections agency. In order to make n appointment after the account has been referred to collections, the balance must be paid in full along with a reinstatement fee of 25% of the balance.
For your children’s protection, children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the front reception area without adult supervision. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the room during laser treatment unless they are a scheduled patient.