OFFICE HOURS and TELEPHONE CALLS
- Our normal office telephone hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our receptionists are instructed to handle all incoming calls. We have office hours on Saturday until 12:30 pm. The Laser & Skin Surgery Center has no phone service on Saturday.
- If you need to speak with the doctor, our receptionist must take your name, telephone number and the nature of your call. This enables the physician to have your electronic medical record up when they return your call.
- After hour emergencies should be directed to our main number (916) 456-0400. The automated telephone system will instruct you how to reach your doctor.
INSURANCE AND PAYMENT
- There is a $150 consultation fee for all cosmetic consultations, this consultation fee is applied towards the cost of a discussed cosmetic treatment.
- There is a $50 consultation fee for tattoo removal consultations, this consultation fee is applied towards the cost of tattoo removal treatment.
- Laser hair removal consultations are complimentary.
- We are unable to estimate the cost of various procedures until the physician has completed an evaluation of your specific needs.
- Cosmetic services are not covered by insurance.
- We require payment in full at the time of service for cosmetic services.
- Laser resurfacing, Thermage, Ulthera, Miradry, Coolsculpting and Fraxel treatments require payment in advance.
- Fees for medical consultations can only be determined by the physician based on complexity according to standards set by the American Medical Association. At your consultation, the physician will quote a fee for treatment, if applicable. Many of the procedures offered at the Laser Center are considered cosmetic.
- For your convenience, we accept Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover, ATM, cash and personal checks.
- We recommend you call your insurance company to ask if your anticipated service is a covered benefit of your plan and if a referral is required. If a referral is required, you must have it sent to our office prior to your appointment. We will bill your insurance if your treatment is medically necessary. Our Insurance Specialist will also contact your insurance company to verify your eligibility and benefits. We will estimate to the best of our ability the amount of the charges for which you will be responsible. We do require payment of your portion (deductible, co-pay, 20%, etc.) at the time of service. After your claim is processed by your insurance company, we may need to bill you for any remaining balance as determined by your insurance company and our contracts. We require these balances to be paid in full in 90 days. If we overestimated your responsibility, we will promptly send you a refund.
- For your children’s protection, children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the front reception area without adult supervision. Children under the age of 12 are not allowed in the room during laser treatment unless they are a scheduled patient.