As we age, our faces begin to show the effects of gravity, sun exposure and years of facial muscle movement, such as smiling, chewing and squinting. The underlying tissues that keep our skin looking youthful and plumped up begin to break down, often leaving laugh lines, smile lines, crow’s feet or facial creases over the areas where this muscle movement occurs.
Soft-tissue fillers like Restylane can help fill in these lines and creases, temporarily restoring a smoother, more youthful-looking appearance. When injected beneath the skin, these fillers plump up creased and sunken areas of the face. They can also add fullness to the lips and cheeks.
The Restylane family of products is a brand of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, which includes Restylane Silk, Restylane Lyft, Restylane, Restylane Refyne and Restylane Defyne. Each is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid specifically formulated to act like your body’s own naturally produced hyaluronic acid.
Each Restylane product is designed for a specific purpose:
- Restylane Silk: is designed for subtle lip augmentation and the smoothing of wrinkles around the mouth. It is composed of a gel that is smaller and smoother than other Restylane products, resulting in a softer, more precise result.
- Restylane Lyft: is approved by the FDA to correct volume deficit in the back of the hands, for cheek augmentation and the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies, as well as the treatment of moderate to severe facial folds, such as the nasolabial folds.
- Restylane: is used to add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth. Restylane is also indicated for lip augmentation.
- Restylane Refyne: integrates with your skin to help smooth out the lines that run alongside the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds and marionette lines).
- Restylane Defyne: is designed to act like your body’s own hyaluronic acid to help smooth out deeper lines around your mouth (nasolabial folds and marionette lines) while letting you look more natural through a range of facial expressions.
How fast will I see results?
Results are immediate, although it may take a few days to achieve full results. You will see a difference as soon as you leave the office, and over the course of the next week you will notice further improvements.
Is a Restylane treatment painful?
Restylane contains lidocaine, a local anesthetic. Due to this addition, pain and discomfort are minimal.
What are the side effects of Restylane products?
After your treatment, you may experience side effects, such as swelling, redness, pain, bruising, headache, tenderness, lump formation, itching at the injection site and impaired hand function. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14-18 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
Call Today to Learn More About Restylane Treatments in Sacramento
Please contact Laser & Skin Surgery Center of Northern California at 916.456.0400 for more information and to schedule a consultation. We are located in East Sacramento, minutes from Downtown Sacramento, Roseville, Folsom, Davis, Elk Grove and El Dorado Hills.