Suzanne L. Kilmer, M.D.
Dr. Suzanne Linsmeier Kilmer is the Founder of the Laser and Skin Surgery Center of Northern California, Clinical Professor at the University of California, Davis and past president of ASLMS. She completed her M.D. degree and dermatology residency at U.C. Davis Medical Center, then moved east for a laser surgery fellowship at Harvard Medical School’s Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine. She remained at Harvard as a faculty member for two more years researching the use of Q-switched lasers for treatment of tattoos and pigmented lesions and the rapidly pulsed CO2 lasers now popular for resurfacing.
Upon returning to Sacramento, Dr. Kilmer founded the Laser & Skin Surgery Center of Northern California and was a principal investigator in the original trials for laser skin resurfacing, laser hair removal, pulsed dye and fractional lasers for wrinkles and scars, picosecond laser treatment of tattoos, pigmented lesions, acne scars and pico-toning, microwave technology for the treatment of hyperhidrosis, cryolipolysis, tissue tightening and body shaping devices, and several cosmetic injectable studies.
She lectures annually at national and international dermatology meetings and directs several laser courses. Widely published and on numerous medical advisory boards, Dr. Kilmer has served on the Board of Directors for ASDS and ASLMS, as well as Past President and current Secretary for ASLMS. She was honored to be the 2008 Sturge-Weber Foundation roastee, the 2009 recipient of the prestigious ASLMS Ellet Drake lectureship award and the ASDS 2014 Iron Surgeon. When not playing in the electromagnetic spectrum, she loves to ski, surf, and play games with her husband and 3 children.
- American Board of Dermatology
- Doctor of Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Chief Residency, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Harvard Medical Schools Wellman Laboratories of Photomedicine
- American Dermatological Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Lasers in Medicine and Surgery
- California Medical Association
- International Society for Cosmetic Laser Surgery
- Noah Worcester Dermatological Society, Inc.
- Pacific Dermatology Association
- Sacramento El Dorado Medical Society
In the News
Dr. Kilmer has appeared in a number of news segments focused on skin care. Check them out!
Click here to fill out an online review for Dr. Kilmer on RealSelf.